Grant application period for the 2022-2023 school year is now open!
Online applications will be available through October 1, 2022!
This grant is available to any Pre-K through 12th grade teacher or staff member interested in a project to enrich the classroom experience for their students. Award amounts will be up to $1,000.
This grant is only available for 5th-12th grade teachers or staff for the purpose of STEM projects (science, technology, engineering, or math) to enhance the learning experiences of students. Grants will be awarded up to $1,500
This is a grant to obtain supplemental funding for field trips that enrich the classroom experience for the students and support their classroom curriculum. All trips must be approved by the school principal. Award funds can be used for bus transportation and/or trip expenses. Grants will be awarded up to $500.
Need some inspiration for your grant proposal? Take a look at the grant recipients and their project summaries for the 2021-2022 year.
Preparing for your grant? We got you covered!
General Criteria to Apply for a PPS Foundation Grant
- The grant applicant must be a current Peoria Public School teacher or staff member.
- All grants must be original. Multiple grant applications that are the exact same grant, but submitted with a different teacher's name on it, will not be accepted.
- Innovation and creativity are highly regarded by the selection committee.
- Grant project must be implemented in the same academic year in which the grant is awarded.
- Funds cannot be used for the funding of personnel.
- If funds requested will be used in combination with other funds, the amount and source of those funds must be noted on the application.
- All technology purchases must be coordinated with PPS Technology Department (309-685-0181)
- If awarded a grant, a project evaluation must be completed by June of that academic year in order to be considered for future grant opportunities.
- All items purchased with grant funds become property of Peoria Public Schools. In the event that a grant recipient leaves the PPS district, all items purchased with grant funds must stay with the school that the recipient noted on their application.
Please see each individual grant applications for more detailed eligibility requirements.
A Brief History of the Classroom Grant Program
The PPS Foundation and CFCI joined together in 2013 to offer classroom grants to Peoria Public Schools teachers and staff through one application process.
The funding for our Traditional Classroom Grants is provided by the Yeomans Fund that is held at CFCI and from funds raised by the PPS Foundation. The Yeomans Fund was created in 1998 by Murray and Rena Yeomans. This is an endowed fund with an emphasis on assisting the Peoria Public Schools system. Each year, a portion of the Yeomans Fund's distributions are used to fund Peoria Public Schools Classroom grants along with additional funds from the PPS Foundation.
Also held at CFCI is the Peoria NEXT Foster Fund. This fund, through the Glen A. Barton Science and Technology Education Grants, provides the funding for the Peoria Public Schools STEM grants. In 2016, the Peoria NEXT Foster Fund was created with the purpose of awarding grants to STEM teachers who serve students in the city of Peoria to help enhance the learning experiences of these students.
The Field Experience Grants are funded by donations raised by the PPS Foundation. These grants were first introduced in the 2016-17 school year, but have been on pause for the last two years due to the pandemic. We are excited to again offer this grant opportunity this school year!
Since 1998, the PPS Foundation has provided over $325,000 to classrooms and teachers throughout Peoria Public Schools. This classroom grant program is designed to benefit students by supporting teachers and allowing professional educators to implement their most innovative ideas.